Being a police officer is a rewarding career for anyone dedicated to protecting and serving the citizens of our community. Contact us to learn more. If you believe you have what it takes to join our ranks, you may download this job application and submit the completed form to our office at 110 Centennial Drive.
- Be a United States citizen.
- Be of good moral character.
- Pass the civil service Police Officer’s exam.
- Pass an extensive background investigation.
- Pass a psychological evaluation.
- Pass a thorough medical examination, including a drug screen.
- Possess a Louisiana drivers license at the time of selection.
- No felony convictions as a juvenile or an adult. Cannot be on probation.
- No domestic violence convictions. Cannot be the subject of any domestic violence.
- Must be a high school graduate or have acquired a high school equivalency certificate (GED).
- Must be at least 20 years of age.
- If not already P.O.S.T. certified, must attend and successfully complete P.O.S.T. Academy.
SALARY & BENEFITS
- Minimum starting salary of $3,333.33/month ($40,000.00/year). Officers receive an additional $500.00/month after completion of one year of continuous service as well as a 2% step increase ($46,800.00/year).
- All uniforms and firearms furnished by the department.
- Individually assigned patrol cars, including off-duty use, within the city limits of Carencro.
- Medical insurance for employee is paid 100% by the City of Carencro.
- Louisiana Municipal Police Employees Retirement System (MPERS)
- Officers belonging to a reserve component of the armed forces and placed on active military duty are granted up to 10 days leave with pay per year and are entitled to leave without pay should longer periods be necessary.
- Officers have the opportunity to supplement their income by working off-duty details.
- Patrol Corporal/Senior Officer
- Patrol Sergeant/Shift Supervisor
- Criminal Investigations
- Canine Unit
- Field Training Officer
- School Resource Officer
- Traffic Fatality Investigations